BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

you're NOT from a small town when...

My dog (well puppy but he's big) got struck by a car yesterday afternoon. Honestly no fault to the driver. Coco was across the road (which is a first for him) and bolted out in front of the car. The driver of the car, came to our door to let us know that she had hit a dog and to ask if we knew whose it was. As it turned out it was our 4 month old great dane puppy, Coco. She thought she had hit him pretty hard but he had managed to run off. Even though she had an appointment to get to she still helped me look for him. After about 10 minutes he emerged from under our back porch. He seemed ok. He jumped up onto the front porch to head inside. Yup, seems ok to me. She finally headed off to her appointment, still apologizing, and facebook'ed me later that evening for an update on the dog. That's small town. Mighty neighbourly!

What's not small town was the woman, whom we didn't know, who knocked on my door about an hour later to ask if "the lady who hit that dog" had stopped after hitting it. She was very snide and quite bold about it. I politely told her that it had been my dog and that, yes, the driver had indeed stopped and if she hadn't I wouldn't have even known about it. The woman said she saw it happen. Really? Then she would have seen the driver get out and stay for quite awhile. If she saw it happen, and was sooo concerned, why didn't she come over sooner?

Anyways, someone, who used to reside in this small town, who is super fun and just happens to be one of my favorite cousins is having a giveaway over at her blog. Mrs. Ashley Johnston, and it can be read here. How sweet of her to host a giveaway on her birffday!!  Thanks Ash!!!
 

0 comments: