BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Repurposed Purse

I took one of many pairs of Ryan's jeans that had holes in the knees and turned it into a cute little purse.


You can't really see but the inside is lined with the same fabric that the tie belt is made of.

What I love most about this purse is the fact that I actually get to use something I made! Usually my creations are for Cassie or a customer. The feature that most makes this a great bag is all the pockets on the outside of the bag. The actual pockets from the jeans remained completely intact. So I have great storage for the little things I may want to reach quickly, like my inhaler or my cell phone, or keys.

I should be fair to my handiwork and point out that I did not square off the bottom corners, but I did on the one I just made for Cassie. Also, the stitching is pretty wonky as I was getting useed to sewing through the denim layers and I did not get a straight cut across the bottom, mostly because I wanted to make sure to keep the back pockets.

Next on the agenda is to take some of Ashton's cast offs and turn them into a makeup bag, or a pencil case.

(If anyone has any denim to offload I would gladly take it!!)

0 comments: