BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back~to~School

I am very much looking forward to back to school. Not because I am sick of having my two oldest children tell me how bored they are or anything like that.....but because I like the structure and routine I have when they get up at a decent time EVERYDAY.

This year is one of those milestone years for us. Cassie is going into her last year in elementary school GASP!! She is growing up (and that makes me OLD) and I am NOT ready for her to grow up!

And my little devil, Cohen, is starting preK this year. I am quite nervous about this. He no longer poops in his pants, thank God! But he makes it quite well known when he does have to go. So while I am not worried about that -anymore- I worry about his temper now. If he feels "wronged" or is hurt by another child he will retaliate and it's never pretty. And he's very hard to calm down/reason with until he has exacted his revenge. This is a new behaviour and I've been working on it with him but it's hard to correct this type of behaviour because we really don't want our other kids to pick on him either just to get a reaction, know what I mean?!

And he won't be going to the same school as Cassie and Ryan. We chose to send him to a French school about 15 minutes from here in another small town. We made this decision because I didn't feel it would be fair to any school to have two of my boys at the same time. Just kidding!!

We had originally sent Cassie to this school but chose to switch her back to English after a year and a half. She was very shy and would not participate at all and we felt she wasn't really learning. In retrospect we should have left her there. We figured with Ryan, who has a speech issue, that making him learn a second language would be too hard on him. Bad choice as he has excelled in learning French. So, now you see why having more than one or two kids is good, you can screw up a few times but get it right for at least one child hehehe.

I'm very much looking forward to those 2 days a week when 3 of my monsters will be gone and I get to spend a little one on one time with the mini-monster.

0 comments: